Aug 20, 2005, 07:36pm EDT
- Bookmarks are now breadcrumbs. You click a button on your toolbar and it stores the bookmark on a central server. Of course, it’s tag based and you can specify friends and get a list of all your friends’ breadcrumbs.
- There’s a blog manager from which you can create a blog post. It’s a wysiwyg editor that you can drag content to. For example, open a web page, select content, drag it to the blog manager tab and drop it into the post you’re authoring.
- In addition to drag and drop, there’s a “shelf” that like the clipboard in MS Office. It can contain multiple items that you could use to construct your blog post. It also uses drag and drop. It also makes nice semanticly correct HTML in your post with a cite tag to source site.
- The blog manager integrates with flickr. Again, you can drag and drop a photo from a horizontal list of photos into your blog post.
- Flock indexes all web pages you visit and the search box in the upper right and displays history results as you type. I think it also includes your breadcrumbs.
It’s currently an invite only beta and I’m looking forward to trying it out.